The Milwaukee & Northern Railway Historical Society
also known as the Neenah-Menasha Model Railroad Club
The Milwaukee and Northern Railway Historical Society (MNRHS) was founded in 1964, to perpetuate and share the history of one of Eastern Wisconsin’s and Upper Michigan’s historic railroads.
Housed in the Milwaukee & Northern’s 1882 Neenah, Wis., depot, it includes the Neenah-Menasha Model Railroad Club (NMMRRC).
The Club loosely models the Milwaukee & Northern in O Scale, primarily the Menasha Branch.
The Menasha Branch, which runs from Hilbert Junction, Wis., to Menasha, Wis., was completed in 1871. The branch was extended to Appleton in 1880 and Neenah in 1881.
The former M&N Neenah depot, now the home of the Milwaukee & Northern Railway Historical Society (MNRHS), a.k.a. the Neenah-Menasha Model Railroad Club (NMMRRC), as it appeared in December of 1961 when it was still owned by the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific (CMStP&P), or Milwaukee Road (MILW). Photograph by Larry Easton, co-founder of the MNRHS.
Members meet at our depot at 323 W. Forest Ave., Neenah, WI, on Wednesdays and Thursdays, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
The public is welcome to stop by and check us out. We hope that some visitors will consider joining our Society.
Be advised that meetings may be cancelled with little or no notice, due to weather conditions or other, unforeseen circumstances.
The Latest MNRHS News
Fifteen new photographs and additional information have been added to the Reminders of the Milwaukee & Northern Main Line – Fort Howard to the Menominee
Five new photographs and information about the Kiel and Fort Howard depots have been added to the Main Line – Schwartzburg to Hilbert page, the