Will You Please Support the Milwaukee & Northern Railway Historical Society?
We are a small group with large aspirations.
Given our small membership, our future growth depends upon generous donations from the general public, charitable trusts, and benevolent corporate sponsors. Recruiting additional members will, obviously, also help.
In addition to meeting our normal operating expenses, we seek to:
- continue to collect, preserve, and share the history of the Milwaukee & Northern.
- continue to improve our model railroads.
- continue to promote the hobby of model railroading, and especially O-scale, 2-rail.
- complete some needed repairs to the roof.
- restore a functioning toilet to the depot for the comfort and convenience of our guests and members.
- improve the energy efficiency of the depot.
- put a solid foundation under the depot.
- hopefully, someday, restore the exterior of a rare and historic 140-year-old railroad depot to its former glory.
The Milwaukee & Northern Railway Historical Society, Inc., has been recognized by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as a tax-exempt public charity under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 501(c)(3). According to the IRS, “donors can deduct contributions they make to [us] under IRC Section 170. [We’re] also qualified to receive tax deductible bequests, devises, transfers or gifts under Section 2055, 2106, or 2522.”
If you would like to make a cash contribution, you can:
If you would like to make a non-cash contribution of railroad memorabilia or model railroad equipment (of any scale), please e-mail us so we can consider your donation and make the necessary arrangements.
If you desire a written acknowledgement of your contribution for your tax records, let us know at the time of your donation, and we will gratefully oblige you. Donors should refer to IRS Publication 526, Charitable Contributions, as well as a tax advisor, to determine the extent to which a donation may be tax-deductible.