The Milwaukee & Northern – Neenah Branch
Construction of the 0.8-mile M&N Neenah Branch began in 1880. An extension of the Menasha Branch, it was opened to traffic in January of 1881.
Larry Easton captured this photograph of the former Milwaukee & Northern (M&N) depot, on the Neenah Branch, at Neenah, Wis., in December 1961. This was shortly before the Milwaukee Road (MILW) moved out, and the Neenah-Menasha Model Railroad Club (now the Milwaukee & Northern Railway Historical Society) moved in. The depot was built by M&N in 1882. Photograph by Larry Easton, a founding member of the MNRHS/NMMRRC.
A Canadian National (CN) local, led by Illinois Central IC 3115, passes the former Milwaukee & Northern (M&N) depot as it heads southwest via the former M&N Neenah Branch at Neenah, Wis., on 17 June 2018. The depot was built by M&N in 1882 and is currently home to the Milwaukee & Northern Railway Historical Society (MNRHS), a.k.a. the Neenah-Menasha Model Railroad Club (NMMRRC). Photograph by Tom Bruss.