Historical Milwaukee & Northern These buttons will take you to sub-sections of the Milwaukee & Northern (M&N) system. Main Line – Schwartzburg to Hilbert Main Line – Fort Howard to the Menominee River Menasha Branch Main Line – Menominee River to Ontonagon Main Line – Forest Junction to Green Bay Champion Branch The MILW/SOO union depot at Champion, Mich., on 28 March 1970. Photograph courtesy of the Michigan Technological University Archives and Copper Country Historical Collections.The CM&StP, or MILW, depot at Rockland, Mich., ca. 1900. Photograph courtesy of the Roy Drier Collection - Michigan Technological University Archives and Copper Country Historical Collections.The former MILW/DSS&A union depot at Sidnaw, Mich., ca. 1910. Photograph purchased from the Burton Historical Collection, Detroit Public Library.The MILW depot at Kiel, Wis., circa the 1930s. Image courtesy of the Heritage Collection at Kiel Public Library.The former M&N/C&NW union depot at Stiles Junction, Wis., ca. the 1960s. Photograph by Larry Easton.The M&N depot at Elkhart Lake, Wis., circa the 1870s. Photograph courtesy of the Neenah Historical Society.The former M&N enginehouse at Menasha, Wis., circa the 1960s. Photograph by Larry Easton, co-founder of the MNRHS.“Looking north form the south bank of the Fox River, the Milwaukee Road swing bridge is an imposing structure. With very little boat traffic on the river, the bridge tender had little to do other than visit with an occasional railfan or neighborhood kids. August 2, 1966.” Photograph and caption by Larry Easton, courtesy of Neenah Historical Society.